A picture book that highlights how everyone is different, with their own strengths & weaknesses, and the importance of being true to yourself & respecting other’s rights to be different.
– Make giraffe hats https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1jdmGTSQN0IVHhPNFVrRWNFMUU/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1
– Use the dancing giraffe template to make a giraffe with moving limbs. http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/library/books/_files/dancinggiraffe.pdf
– In small groups come up with an animal dance to show the rest of the class (eg – giraffe dance, elephant dance, lion dance, monkey dance).
– Warthogs waltzing is an example of alliteration. Can they come up with other animal alliterations?
– Reread the story & write a list of the rhyming words. Brainstorm other rhyming words to add to the list.
– Retell the story from Gerald the giraffe’s point of view.
– Design a poster advertising the Jungle Dance.